What to do when you are not happy about our service


We are committed to providing our customers with an excellent level of service. However we recognise that we sometimes get it wrong, and when we do, we want you to tell us so that we can put things right as quickly and smoothly as possible.  With this in mind, we have developed a Complaints Procedure which explains who you should contact and what do if you have a complaint.  The Complaints Procedure is described here.

How to contact us

  • If you would like to make a complaint about our service, please call us as soon as possible and within 7 days of our visit.
  • Our office is manned from 8 – 5 Monday to Friday.  If you would prefer to write to us instead, please address your letter to Chelmsford Plumbing and Heating Ltd, Chelmsford Office and Technology Park, West Hanningfield Road, Chelmsford, CM2 8HN.

How we deal with your complaint

When you contact us, we will normally ask you to give us the following information in order to deal with your complaint as efficiently as possible:

  1. Name, contact phone number and postal address
  2. Date and details of work undertaken and the nature of your complaint
  • You can give this information to us over the phone or in writing. When we have registered your complaint we will give it an identification number that you may refer to in any further contacts with us regarding your complaint.
  • We will make every effort to resolve your complaint when you first contact us. However this is not always possible and we may have to investigate further.
  • Whatever your complaint we will give you our initial acknowledgement no longer than 5 working days from when you notified us.
  • We aim to resolve all complaints within 20 working days from when you notify us but more complex cases may take longer.

Taking further action

  • Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader, we also use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them, you can contact Which? Trusted Trader on 0117 456 6031 or via the DRO website:
  • The Trading Standards Service may offer to assist the customer by contacting us to mediate in appropriate circumstances.  The ultimate decision as to whether mediation takes place will lie with Trading Standards.
  • With regard to any individual consumer complaint, wherever possible, the process of mediation will be performed by separate members of the Trading Standards Service.
  • If a satisfactory conclusion still cannot be reached, the agreement of the customer and the business will be sought for the use of a mutually agreed arbitration scheme.  There may be some cost to either/both parties for this service.  The business will accept the result of the arbitration. Where not agreed or where not available either party may decide to take the matter to the Small Claims court service.